Hida-Osaka Tourist Association (hereinafter referred to as ‘we’) is very serious about ensuring the safety and confidentiality of the personal information that we receive from our customers. We handle and manage any and all personal information based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (in effect since 1 April 2005), as follows:
1) Management of personal information related to our business.
- We shall properly handle customers’ personal information that we received through any channel (hereinafter referred to as ‘the personal information’) in order to protect inappropriate access by or disclosure to third parties.
- We shall not provide the personal information to third parties without the customer’s consent.
- We shall use the personal information to reply to inquiries, to provide information to tour or event participants, and to operate our business smoothly. We may keep the personal information after the tour or event in order to inform customers of upcoming related events. However, we shall offer our customers methods to refuse this. If our customer(or the guardian if the customer is underage), does not wish to receive information about future events, we shall remove the customer’s information immediately.
2) Management of personal information received from collaborating businesses.
- We shall use the personal information that we receive from collaborating businesses, such as government offices or private institutions, in order to operate our businesses smoothly, such as when we host a lecture, etc. We shall not use such personal information for any other purpose, nor provide it to third parties.
3) Management of personal images related to our business and collaborating businesses.
- We sometimes take photos at our events for our records and for public relation purposes. We may provide these photos to third parties when introducing our activities.
- We shall consider portrait rights when taking photos that include people. We also shall ask for permission before photographing and clarify that the person can refuse it. If the person (or the guardian if the customer is underage) does not grant permission, we shall not take photos that include the person, or we shall not use such photos, with the exception of group photos or photos that do not show the person clearly.
- We shall use our photos for public relation activities, such as for publication in newspapers, magazines, websites, and brochures,only when we receive permission.
- Photos that are taken during events with collaborators will be made available to collaborators immediately, and we shall confirm that the copyright of these photos belongs to the collaborators. We shall ask collaborators for permission when we use these photos for our brochures and other publications. We shall follow the above Articles 2 and 3 regarding the management of personal images.